PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Scotland

Please visit our sponsor:

aikilove1
04-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi everyone,

Just getting back into Aikido after a short break of a couple of years, due to my loathful job! Got a new easier stress free job now though which will allow me to get back into some proper training so thought i would get the ball rolling by registering with the AikiWeb, the glorious source of information! :D

I started aikido nearly 10 years ago and been with the same club in Aberdeen, Scotland for what must be 9 years now, only been there sporadically the past couple of years due to the extra work responsibilities, but looking forward to getting back into it again, I've even treated myself to a new bokken! Whehey!
I suppose the break from aikido made me realise that lifes not the same without aikido, i suppose once you get it ingrained it becomes a part of you.

My school is Ten Shin Kan (Heaven Mind School) which is under the Aikido Research Federation directed by Shihan Mick Sheridan (6th dan) in Staffordshire England. My direct instructor is Sensei Neil Brown (4th dan) here in Aberdeen to whom i am most grateful for my years of training and guidence.

I like the philosophy of the Aikido Research Federation as their attitude is to research and explore all styles of aikido and assosiated Japanese arts without any stylistic bias towards other groups in the true the spirit of O'Sensei.

Aikido is part of one family regardless of style or system and i hope to be able to train with some of you respectable budoka's in the future and continue on the path of learning! ;)

Paul :hypno:

akiy
04-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi Paul,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

James Davis
04-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Paul, you found a stress-free job?! :crazy:

Congratulations, and welcome to aikiweb. :D

Michael O'Brien
04-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Paul,

Welcome to AikiWeb from Nashville, Tn.