PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brooklyn

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

marc mayes
04-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Well, in two weeks it will be hello from Chattanooga, TN. I started taking Aikido classes 1/2006 at Park Slope Aikido and an introductory class at the Bond street dojo. My favorite techniques: anything Iriminage and kote gaeshi.

I'm moving in two weeks to be with my family in Chattanooga and hope to continue my Aikido training. I know about the River City Aikido, but I was wondering if there were any other dojos in that area without traveling >30minutes.

take care,

marc mayes
:ai: :ki: :do:

akiy
04-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi Marc,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

As far as dojo go, have you tried using the AikiWeb Dojo Search Engine (http://www.aikiweb.som/search)?

-- Jun

Michael O'Brien
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi Marc,

Welcome from Nashville, Tn. I don't know offhand of another Aikido dojo that may be closer to you, but as Jun suggested the search engine might turn up something. Otherwise you may be stuck waiting until you relocate and then seeing if someone local can point you in the right direction.

Nashville Aikikai is hosting a seminar the end of April with Ikeda Sensei. You should really try to make it up if you get settled in time.

merlynn
04-04-2006, 02:51 PM
hello there and welcome to the aiki web family. from surrey, in the united kingdom

marc mayes
04-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys. I will definately look into the Seminar with Ikeda Sensei.

-marc