Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the
world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to
over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a
wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history,
humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.
If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced
features available, you will need to register first. Registration is
absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!
Time and Events Requirements
• Minimum 4 months and 40 hours of training after earning 6th Kyu.
Ki Tests and Exercises
• Hanmi No Kamae - "Half-body stance"
• Banzai no Kamae - Stance with feet shoulder-width and both arms raised ( Krati Kid)
• Zengo Undo - Raising and lowering arms as if cutting with a sword, with 180 degree pivoting motion
• Happo Undo - Raising and lowering arms with movement as if cutting in eight directions
• Tekubikosa Undo - "Crossing the wrists exercise;" high and low variations required
• Kamae with Bokken - Demonstration of five basic sword stances
• Bokken and Jo Suburi - Demonstration of basic strikes with sword and staff
• Shomenuchi Kotegaeshi - Downward strike to the head/ "Wrist turning" throw and pin
• Shomenuchi Ikkyo - Downward strike to the head/ "First teaching" and pin
• Katatetori Sankyo - Same side wrist grab/ "Third teaching;" both nage waza (throwing) and katame waza (pinning) variations required
• Yokomenuchi Sokumen Iriminage - Strike to the side of the head/ "Side of the face, Entering throw" (technique performed in the manner of Sayu Undo)
• Munetsuki Kotegaeshi - Thrusting strike to the chest / "Wrist turning" throw and pin
• Katatetori Kaitenage - Same side wrist grab/ "Rotary throw". Tenkan variation required